School Vision, Values and Aims
‘Learning with a happy heart and happy relationships’
Nurturing pupils and providing a loving, caring and safe environment is at the heart of our school
RESPECTFUL RESPONSIBILE RESILIENT
Towards myself, and others
For my learning, for my actions and for the wider world
To be able to deal with the ups and downs of life
- Our school and wider community aim to provide an inspiring environment with high quality learning experiences for our children and young people.
- We aim to support our children and young people to be all that they can be, both in the classroom and the community.
- Through close working relationships between the school, our pupils, their families and partners, we aim to ensure the best possible start in education and life-long learning for our children and young people.
We believe ideal learning happens when:
- Children lead their own learning
- Opportunities are given to work independently and collaboratively
- Children are engaged and purposeful
- Learning is experiential and active
- Learning takes place in the natural environment and outdoors whenever possible
- Learning provides challenge and is differentiated
- Learning is well planned and organised
- We nurture the whole child
We will do this through working in genuine partnership with all stakeholders and will learn from looking inwards, outwards and forwards.
We are a Unicef UK Rights Respecting School where children’s rights are learned, taught, practised, respected, protected and promoted.